Knowledge Translation Officer
Knowledge Translation Officer (1 year contract) at $45 000 plus benefits
The North-South Institute, Canada’s leading international development think tank, is looking for a dynamic Knowledge Translation Officer to support the Institute’s research team. The incumbent will excel at analysis and writing, possess an eye for detail, and be able to creatively communicate research findings to various audiences.
This role supports five researchers simultaneously. Therefore the incumbent must be organized and efficient, with above average time management skills and the ability to manage complex and competing priorities.
- Under the direction of NSI Researchers, assist in research and analysis;
- Write policy briefs, op-eds and newsletters based on existing research;
- Copy edit documents;
- Secure earned media opportunities;
- Manage the dissemination of research via the Outputs Calendar;
- Develop and implement communication strategies for research projects;
- Produce the Annual Report;
- Manage external service providers;
- Contribute to grant writing;
- Manage and grow social media presence;
- University Degree in Communications, International Development or related discipline;
- Good understanding, or desire to learn about, international development;
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in knowledge translation or communications in a research, academic or related setting;
- Track record of excellence in writing;
- Proven project management skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Sound understanding of strategies for effectively communicating research results and linking research to research users and new audiences;
- A good team player.
- Google Analytics
- Knowledge of stakeholders working in international development
If you wish to apply, please send a cover letter and your CV to Diane Guèvremont, Director of Administration at email@example.com, by June 11th, 2014.